Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day??? Exciting anyway.

Yesterday was Valentines Day!!!  Wheee!  Super exciting right? Meh, not so much.  I don't really care so much about Valentines Day (or as my sister calls is, National Condom Awareness Day).  My birthday is on Feb. 3rd, and to be honest I would rather celebrate my birthday in a BIG way, and forget about V-day.  So for the past 3 years Tyler and I have gone somewhere for my birthday, and then on V-day, just said "Happy Valentines Day" "be mine" and quick kiss, and called it a day.  But for the first time since we've been together Tyler and I actually had plans for V-day.  It was nothing big, I was going to make his favorite meal.  And thaw out his favorite Marie Callanders pie.  Then we were gonna watch a movie.  Well obviously that wasn't going to happen.  I couldn't exactly make dinner.  Although I suppose I could have thawed out a pie here at the hospital.  I couldn't have eaten eat, so why torture myself.  Even though those plans fell thru, I was determined to have a decent day.

Tyler went back to work for the first time since I came to the hospital, and so I got to spend the day with my Mommy.  Yesterday morning started out "normally".  I had my pre-planned breakfast, and got my shots, and vitals taken.  Just a normal day for me.  After breakfast I had some flowers delivered!  Some pretty white and pink daisies from my mommy.  I haven't gotten flowers in ages!  And of course my  Mommy knows that daisies are my favorite!  So that alone would have made my day.

I was able to get a shower in, which you don't even know how good a shower feels, when you are trapped in the hospital.  And I even dried and did my hair.  I felt half way normal!  It's a good thing I showered too.  My Uncle Bret stopped by.  He is my moms little brother, and I haven't seen him since my wedding.  And he brought me MORE daisies!!!  These ones are orange and yellow.  It was nice to see some of my extended family.  I don't see my Mom's family often.  And it was cool that they actually cared enough to come see me.  Although I'm sure they came to see my Mom as much as me.  After chatting for a little bit he left, and my mom and I were left to the quite again.

My dad made his daily stop, and brought me MORE flowers!  A big bouquet of white, red and pink flowers.  I have no clue what kind of flowers they are, but they sure smell good.  I have a room full of flowers at this point, and I wasn't done yet.  Tyler's work sent me an amazing bouquet as well.  Full of lillys roses, and MORE daisies!  And last but not least, Tyler brought me one last vase of pink daisies.  Lemme tell you what I have never gotten so many flowers in my life!  OH and I didn't just get flowers!  Sherri brought me a stuffed teddy bear with a HUGE baby monkey  balloon attached.  She has decided she's going to call Madison "monkey"  which I am totally fine with.  Aunt Sherri, can call that little girl monkey all day long.  So needless to say, I was a little spoiled yesterday.

So for a Valentines Day stuck in the hospital, it wasn't turning out half bad....and then the sun went down.  As you all know, the Dr's are trying to keep my blood pressure under control.  They've got me on the maximum dosage of 2 different BP medications.  So there really isn't much else they can do if it continues to go up.  Of course I already knew that.  The only cure for pre-eclampsia is delivery, so eventually it's going to happen.  But I just want to keep Madison in my belly for as long as I can.  Well last night all of my BP readings were elevated, so the resident Dr decided it would be best to send me back downstairs.  It was looking like it was time to deliver.  At least that's how the nurses were acting.  So I broke down.  I was so scared, I really don't want to go back downstairs.  I'm not quite ready to let this little girl out yet.  But we went downstairs anyway.  And of course once we got down there, we found out that it wasn't quite the emergency we thought it was.  The Dr, just wanted me to be were they could watch me closer for a few hours.  And once we got down there things started to calm down a little, enough to send me BACK upstairs.

I think there were some issues with the nurses and CNA's.  Now I DO NOT know how to do their jobs, and have no clue how hard it is to be a nurse or CNA.  But I DO know how hard it is to be a patient.  Every time they couldn't get the BP cuff to work, or would decide to run the test again because it was high and "had to be wrong"  I get worked up and nervous.  And I don't know they exact details on what effects the BP readings, but I know that if my heart is racing because I'm worried about it, then it's gonna mess some stuff up.  So while I was downstairs I told one of the nurses, how disappointed I was in the care I was receiving upstairs.  And while she couldn't do anything about it herself, she passed the information along to the charge nurse upstairs.  And today things have been going much better.  My BP's are still a little high, but are stable for the time being.  I've been practicing the art of meditation, and relaxing.  And while I know relaxing will only delay the inevitable, it's something I have to do.  Because I am going to try and delay the inevitable for as long as I can!

So that is my update from yesterday.  Nothing excited has happened today.  Just a relaxing massage, and some more quality time with my mommy!  And we're hoping that when the sun goes down, nothing crazy will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment