Monday, March 5, 2012

Just a little info

So it's been a while since I've updated my blog.  Things have been a little hectic lately.  I have been discharged from the hospital, which was the hardest thing (or one of) I've ever had to do.  I will write a separate blog about that, when I can get my emotions under control.  Madison is still in the NICU but is doing great.  My day goes as follows.  Get up with Tyler, he takes me to the hospital at 7:30, I hang out with Miss Madison until around 12:30, when my Dad comes to pick me up, I hang out with my dad and nap until 5:00 when Tyler comes over from work.  We all eat dinner, and then Tyler and I head home.  We usually hang out while I pump some milk, then head back to the hospital at 7:30.  We stay until around 10:00 and then head home, shower and go to bed. It won't be like that until Madison comes home.  I just haven't been able to drive.  I've been taking Percocet, and it makes me kinda loopy.  But I haven't taken one today, so hopefully I can reclaim my car from my dads house where it's been for safe keeping for almost a month.  Once I am mobile again, the schedule might alter a little.

So back to Madison.  She is at a whopping 2 lbs. 13 oz. now.  When she was born she was 2 lbs. 9 oz., and then dropped down to 2 lbs 6 oz.  She she is really going up now.  She is on a small amount of oxygen, and had all of her IV's taken out.  So we are just waiting for her to gain weight.  Once she does that she will be weened off the oxygen, and will be able to regulate her own temperature.  Oh and she needs to learn how to eat.  Now she is on a feeding tube.  We should start to teach her how to feed within the next week.

So I know this was pretty brief, and not a lot of detail.  But to be honest, it's exhausting to be dealing with all of this.  And I still need to take a shower.  So I just wanted to put some information out there for those of you who are wondering.  Eventually I plan on blogging regularly again, but right now it really is at the bottom of my list of important things.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the brief info. I can honestly say I know how exhausting it is. Been there done, and sometimes still, doing that. Hang in there. Prayers are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete