Saturday, March 24, 2012

What a month

A lot can happen in one month.  My baby is a month old today.  It's crazy to think that it's already been a month, when some days if feels like this month has been going on forever.  At 1:45 on February 24, my beautiful miracle baby came into my life.  Some of the emotions I've experienced in the last month have been some of the most intense I've ever had.  But I wouldn't change it for anything.  The journey to get her here, was even eventful.  But the end result was Miss Madison, and I would do it again for her, in a heartbeat.

In the last month, she was born.  Taken immediately into the NICU, without seeing Mom or Dad first.  It was 13 hours before I got to see her for the first time, and another 2 days before I could hold her.  She was on a C-pap breathing machine, which came off after just 4 days.  She was on IV nutrition, which came out after about a week.  She had to lay under the Billie lights for a week.  Was in an isolet for 3 weeks, now she thinks she's a big girl in a crib.  She is still trying to master eating, and breathing, but she is getting there.  She had her first bath, that she promptly pooped in.  Madison is getting bigger everyday.

Her little personality is starting to shine through.  She is a very good baby, until she gets mad.  And then everyone around her knows.  Once she has calmed down she makes this cute little grunting noise.  As if to let you know, she's ok now, but you really did just make her mad, and you better not do it again.  She loves kangaroo care times with Mommy and Daddy.  She hates it when the Drs listen to her heart and belly, and really hates it when they measure her tummy (but what girl enjoys that?)  And lately she seems to think it's a good idea to wait until the diaper is open before she poops.  (That happened TWICE yesterday and ONLY to me lol)  She knows when it's getting close to time to eat.  She gets excited and starts trying to chomp and anything near her mouth. All of the nurses love her, and ask to be assigned to her.  She has an amazing spirit, that has touched many people in her short life so far.  She defiantly knows her mom and dad, and will look for where the sound of our voices are coming from.  And will almost always calm, when Tyler starts singing to her.

I cannot wait to bring this little girl home!  I can't wait to learn more about this little person, her likes and dislikes.  We are getting closer everyday to that ultimate goal of home.  Of course they won't give us a date, too much is still up in the air.  But I'm getting excited for the day they say, she's ready.  There will be tears of joy all over the place.  I will be sad to leave the nurses behind, who I've come to call my friends.  But you better believe I will not be sad to leave the hospital behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment