Friday, June 17, 2011

Exciting News!!

Well I have some excited news to share....are you ready?  Really Ready?? 
I got a promotion...of sorts!  No, no babies yet, sorry to let you all down. 
So as I mentioned I got promoted...Sorta.  I know you're all think what does that mean?  A sort of promotion.  Well it's kind of a long story so get ready.
On Wednesday when I finally was able to get back to work after my stupid hearing aid fiasco.  I walked into the office and my boss was already talking to the assistant manager and one of the department managers, so when I walked in he called in the last department manager and told us he had to talk to us.  He informed us that Bart the Assistant was going to go up to the Park City store for about 12 weeks to run their store while the Manager takes a leave of absence.   And what that meant for our store was that there were going to be bringing in another manager.  Not one to be an assistant but to take on the responsibilities that Bart had.  And it would just be a temporary position as well.  I didn't think anything of it.  I figured they were planning on bringing in someone from another store (which they have done before).  Mark (the store manager)  then told us to keep it all on the down low and not tell anyone, because they still had to get the temporary position filled. 
After that was all said, I had to stay in the office to talk to Mark about the dealio with my hearing aids. He said he had to talk to me about what was going on.  You see I just recently was placed in the "bridge" program.  which is just a program to train department managers to be assistant managers.  However I wasn't sure when it was supposed to start (it started today by the way).  So Mark tells me that he would like me to fill in for Bart while he is gone.  I was stunned.  I have been in framing for so long (6 years), I was beginning to think that I wouldn't ever be able to get out of framing.  Of course I told Mark that I would love to take the opportunity to learn how to do Bart's job while actually DOING Bart's job. 
So while it isn't an official promotion I am super excited to have the chance to get out of framing and spread my wings!  And it is a step towards an actual promotion.  And what is even better then getting the chance to learn and show everyone what I'm made of is that...I GET EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OFF!!!!  I haven't had a weekend off without requesting it in over a year.  So for three months I will have 2 weekends off every month!!!  I can't wait!!!
So starting on Monday I will be the temporary sorta assistant manager!
YEA ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment