Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crappy Weekend for Me.

So if you read my last blog you would have seen that my husbands birthday weekend was not a good one for me.  And that it was a story for another day.  Well today is another day!!
So the weekend actually started really well I went shopping with Misti on Friday and we had dessert with her parents before going back to her house where we chatted for hours.  Then Saturday started out pretty well too.  Tyler and I got up and went to Wal-Mart to get my niece a birthday present, and we drove over to my brothers house for the party.  That even started out well.  And then about 45 minutes into the party I noticed that my hearing aid was starting to sound a little funny, but I figured it was probably just the noise level. I decided to go into the other room and take a look at it.  Well when I took it out and then put it back in, it was like I had put an earplug back in my ear.  I've had one or the other of my hearing aids go out before so it normally wouldn't have been a big deal, but my other hearing aid had been dead for a couple weeks already.  So I was already down one hearing aid, and to loose this one, I had a small melt-down.  I should have taken my other hearing aid in when it first went out, but it isn't under warranty anymore and it is pretty costly to get them repaired so i hadn't taken it in yet.
So there I was at my husbands and nieces birthday parties and I couldn't hear much.  I'm not totally deaf, just enough to say "what" every four or five seconds.  It's enough to put me in a bad mood and be grouchy.  And as luck would have it this all happened on Saturday so the hearing aid place (Audibel) was closed for the weekend.  So I was stuck for the weekend.  I tried to make the most of it, but let me tell ya it was hard.
We were down there to celebrate my husbands birthday so I wanted to do my best to make it fun for him still.  Luckily we have very understanding friends and they take our constant "what's" with good humor and never make us feel bad about it. 
On Monday I was able to go into Audibell.  After going in they were not able to do anything for me.  Which I knew they wouldn't, but I had to try. 
After making the 4 hour drive home, and eating dinner, I was finally feeling better.  I was home in my own environment and I got to sleep in my own bed. 
This morning Tyler and I went to the Audibell up here and I have one back, so I am half way there!  It's enough for me to be able to go back to work with only minimal problems.  And in a week and a half to two weeks, I will be at full strength!!
This whole situation is super frustrating for me for the most part I don't mind that I were hearing aids.  But whenever something like this happens I get upset and I wish i didn't have a hearing problem.  It can make life difficult and very stressful for me.  I was worried about what I was going to do about work.  I work in retail, and I have to interact with customers on a day to day basis how do I help them if I can't hear them.  But thank Heavens that's not something I have to worry about.  At least not this time. 
So now we are back from vacation and going to get back to our normal routine and if a few weeks we will be heading back to St. George for another long weekend.  And I'm already looking forward to it. After this stressful trip I need one were I can actually relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment