Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday weekend!

So this weekend is a weekend of birthdays, 2 to be exact.  Tyler and my youngest niece Kate.  Tyler turned 27 on June 11th, and he shares his birthday with Kate who turned one!
Because of these big birthdays we decided to come down south and enjoy some of the summer heat that we can't seem to get up in Salt Lake.  And boy is Tyler a spoiled birthday boy!  He gets to golfing 3 days in a row!  I got him a golf pass that includes discounted prices on most of the courses in Utah, and three of his friends also got the same pass.  So the decided to come down as well and go golfing with him. 
We made the trip down on Thursday night at 9:30.  I will never figure out why we do this to ourselves but we like to drive down the night before so that we can spend as much time at our destination.  So we got to Misti's house at like 2 am.  Misti is a great friend who let us invade her house for a long weekend. 

And I felt bad about getting there so late, but in my defense we should have gotten there around 1:30 but stupid road construction slowed us down.  I forgot how much road construction the state does during the summer months. There is of course the never ending Utah county constuction (which is a reason not to go down to happy valley) then there was some construction about Payson followed by some I think it was around Fillmore, and then the worst (after utah county) was the Black Ridge.  Ugh they had the entire thing down to one lane!! And you'd think because we got there around 1 am the traffic wounldn't be bad, but oh man, we went 25-35 the whole way!
Briggs enjoying yogurt at Costco
So we spent Friday shopping and to dinner with Misti, Allen and Briggs.  We went to Ponchos and Leftys I LOVE THAT PLACE! and since we don't have one in SLC I like to go when I'm down visiting in St. George.  Friday was a pretty laid back day.  I stayed up way to late chatting with Misti, but she's my best friend and we had some catching up to do. 
Yesterday was the big day!  Kate and Tylers birthday!  Kates birthday party was at noon.  So Tyler and I made it over to Nicks house around 11:30.  We were early but I wanted to see Meg and Jaxon before the party started.  Man I miss those kids they are so cute!  Nick and Linds put on a great lunch spread of sandwiches and summer salads.  After eating lunch we sang to Kate and Tyler (I thought it was sweet of Nick to suggest we sing to Tyler he even had his own candle) And then it was time to open presents.  And like most one year olds, she was more interested in the paper and the boxes then the actual toys.

MY PRESENTS!!

The Birthday Girl!!
After the little party Tyler went to get some golfing in with Tony.  When he was done, the three of us went to Benja's for sushi followed by more shopping!  Funny thing, you would think because I'm the girl I would have down all the spending...nope that honor belongs to Tony he bought some in just about every store we went into.  I plan on teasing him quite a bit over that now :D
And that brings us to today (sunday)  After a great breakfast at The Bear Paw (why did I never go there when I live in St. George?!!) Tyler and Tony went golfing with Jeremy and Jacob.  And the lucy boy has one more day of golfing. 
Like I said spoiled birthday boy :D

But I do love him and I'm glad he's have a great weekend.  Me on the other hand...not so much, but that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

  1. What fun!!! I would love to be a follower if you will let me, if you want to be one of my followers my blog is http://spenberthyfamily.blogspot.com
    look forward to reading future posts :)

    -Sarah West Penberthy

    ReplyDelete