Friday, March 28, 2014

Its all good

I had a rough day at work today.  At least the last hour was kinda crappy.  I was there 45 minutes late.  On a day that I really just wanted to go home and see my husband and kid.  And then some other stupid stuff happened, that isn't even worth repeating because eventually I will forget about it, unless I write about it and stew about it.  So I'm  just plain ol' not gonna do any of that.  Anyway. I was frustrated about work and being there late so I was not my usual chipper self when I walked in the door.  I just wanted a hug and a kiss from my 2 favorite people, then I wanted to go enjoy my Friday night.  
When I walked in, I did get my hug and kiss, but the Tyler (the ward mission leader) was going out with Gordan (one of his ward missionaries) to visit some families and would be back around 730.  Talk about a bummer. I walk in the door and he walks out. 
I was determined to be pissed about it.  But I couldn't.  I know he is out fulfilling his calling and spreading the Gospel.  So while he was out fulfilling his calling I decided I need to work harder at my calling.  I am an advisor for the Laurels, and when I was first given this calling I was super excited, I knew I was given this calling for a reason. But lately I have been slacking.  I only go to young women's when it is my week to teach and I rarely go to the activities any more.  Granted I usually work until 715 or so on the activity nights.  But even if I'm late I should try to go.  So starting now no more slacking.  I was given this calling for a reason, time to give it the attention it deserves. 
And I actually did get to enjoy my Friday.  Madison was a really good kid tonight.  We ate some popcorn with my mom and played for a bit.  And then when Tyler got home we went to A&W for a late dinner, although they forgot to give us our ice cream. But we didn't even notice until we got home. It was actually kinda funny. It was just a couple of ice cream cones so not much lost.
All in all a pretty good start to the weekend I must say

No comments:

Post a Comment