Sunday, July 15, 2012

We Blessed My Blessing.

Well it only took almost 5 months, but today we finally did it!  We blessed Madison at church today!  We've been waiting to do it.  At first it was because she was just too small.  We were told to wait about 3 months to have her around a lot of people.  We waited about 4 months.  Originally we wanted to do the blessing outside of church.  I thought doing it at a park or stake center with a pavilion would have been fun.  Do it in the morning and have a BBQ afterward.  But the weekend we wanted to do it wasn't good for my family to get up here from St. George.  And then our bishop suggested we do it at home, and on a Sunday, not Saturday.  I was a little bummed at first.  I had this idea in my head about how I wanted to do this, and we wasn't going as planned.  But eventually Tyler and I decided we could do it on a Sunday, but we would still do it at home.  Then we found out we would have to wait until after 2 in the afternoon, if we wanted to bless her at home.  Know that, we decided to bless her in church.

Now I love the ward we are in.  I don't know a whole lot of people, but everyone is very nice to us.  I just have one issue, and it's really my problem not anyone else.  They ladies in the ward seem to play musical babies.  All the babies seem to be in someone elses' arms by the end of church, and often on the other side of the room.  It always made me a little nervous.  I just don't like the idea of everyone holding my child.  So I was afraid that if we did the blessing at church people would want to hold her.  And I mean who wouldn't?  She's so cute.  But I'm just not quite ready to expose her to a whole lot of germs.  So it was a little hard for me to consent to doing the blessing at church.  But today went really well.  We were surrounded by family, and the only people that approached us from the ward, were the few people that I actually talk to on a regular basis.  And we were able to make a quick exit to discourage too many people from stopping us.

This morning I was running around like a crazy person.  I got most of the prep work done last night.  Setting the chairs out, and organizing things how I wanted them.  But this morning I had to cut up some huge Costco muffins into quarters so that people could have a couple different flavors.  Then I decided to make a couple of frattas.  And then I realized I didn't have ice, or cups for the drinks.  So I made a mad dash over to Reams.  On top of this I had to get ready, and get Madison ready.  Madison was a good little girl this morning.  She slept until 8.  Tyler had to wake her up so feed her.  When Madison is woken up she tends to be in a better mood.  I think it's because we have a bottle ready, and she doesn't have to scream while we get her food ready :)  Tyler had her feed and burped by the time I got home from Reams.  When I got home I took her from Tyler, snuggled a little and then got her dressed.

I LOVE her little dress.  We got it at the Church Distribution Center after searching for a couple of weeks.  She looked so pretty in it.  She seemed to like it too, so much she tried to eat it while I was getting her dressed.  She looked so sweet and innocent (which she is of course).

Just before it was time to go, I told Tyler to rearrange our cars so that his car would be in the driveway, we needed a little more parking space on the street.  Well he came back in and told me we had to take his car because mine had a flat :(  So instead of putting the car seat base in his car we opted to just walk.  Our church is a half a block away and for the first time ever we were actually ready in time to walk.  It was a  nice cool morning, just made for walking.  Madison was wide awake and really seemed to enjoy the walk.

When we got to the church we were greeted by my Grandparents from Cedar City, and my Uncle Brett.  All from my Moms side.  I was happy to see them.  We were only about 10 minutes early, which was plenty.  Tyler did a great job with the blessing, and Madison was a good girl, not making a peep.  She even opened her eyes when Tyler held her up.  She woke up during the meeting, and started to cry for some food.  But other then that she was a little angle.  My grandma held her for about 20 minutes and rocked her to sleep.  Grandmas can do that you know?

I am so glad she didn't poop while she was in her dress.  I hear stories (my niece did it) of babies having blow outs in their pretty white clothes.  But not my baby!

I really think she enjoyed this day.  I know I did.

 If you would like to see pictures, check out my Facebook page.  I don't know how to post pictures on here yet :D



No comments:

Post a Comment